Linea Tote Bag - PDF sewing pattern
Please note that this is for a PDF tutorial and not a physical bag. The PDF contains instructions for making the Linea Tote bag including measurements that you will draw directly onto your fabric along with step-by-step instructions and photos to help you make your own Linea Tote Bag. I will email you the PDFon receipt of payment.
This is a great beginner's sewing project and will take you through some techniques such as, adding pockets, lining, and making box corners.
It measures 16" high by 17" wide with a width of 5.5" so makes a great shopping bag/book bag/small overnight bag. There are plenty of ways to customise this bag and I thoroughly encourage you to use old upholstery fabrics, jeans, and thrifted finds to make this unique to you and also a more sustainable sewing option!
You will need:
• 0.5 m cotton canvas (or similar) fabric for the main body of the bag
• 1/4m heavyweight plain contrast canvas fabric for bag base (alternatively) use the same fabric if you are not bothered about a contrasting base!)
• 0.5m fabric for lining
• 2m of 40mm wide webbing
• 1m of 30mm wide webbing
• 2 swivel clips 40mm
• 2 D- Rings 40mm
• Matching or contrasting thread…your choice!
• I would advise using a denim needle as you will be sewing through a few layers of thicker fabrics/ webbing.
• Basic sewing kit/ Sewing machine